First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out. Because I was not a socialist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out. Because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out. Because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me. [Pastor Martin Niemoller}
For those interested in community memorial services – please see the JCC page.
Costumed people, walking down the street, bags in hand, calling for a handout….a typical Halloween in the neighborhood! Let’s enjoy this seasonal celebration. Here is what LBPD says (we were at the recent Eastside Police Advisory group)
- check on age appropriateness of your child’s activities
- all children should be accompanied by an adult
- Only visit homes that are well lighted and never go into a stranger’s home
- Apply reflective tape to clothing
- Motorists? – you have an important role to which is to SLOW DOWN
- There is a curfew for those 17 years and younger -they need to be off the street by 10pm unless supervised by an adult or returning from an organized activity/work.
What to do?
4th Street – is having a costumed affair!! Friday October 26th – Fourth Friday will be a Creature Crawl, with trick or treating and live music. There are a few individual stores that will be having costume contests as well.
Party at 7th Street Church – Trunk or Treat in the parking lot on Oct. 31st open to our community. It will begin @6:30pm and start closing down @8:30pm!!
As the days get longer here is the guidance at Rose Park – Park Watch